By using the EmedSocial app for Shopify you can display a reviews widget on each product page by just embedding one line of code in your theme.
To do this follow the steps below:
- Click ‘Widgets’ in the top main menu
- In the left-hand settings panel, click ‘Embed Code’
- From the popup, copy the provided code
Once you copy your widget code you will need to embed it in your theme code. Here is how to do this:
- Go to your Shopify Admin and follow Themes > Actions > Edit Code
- Go to ‘Sections‘ and open the file product-template.liquid to paste the code where you want the widget to appear
- Once finished, click the top right ‘Save’ button.
Additionally, the app provides an option to control the widget display although the code is embedded in the theme.
Here is how to make sure the widget is published or not on your website:
Publish the widget
Once you embed the code in your theme, you can control when it shows live on the product pages. To find this option follow the steps:
- Choose ‘Widget‘ from the top main menu
- In the left-hand settings panel find the option ‘Publish widget’ and switch it an option ON
- Once finished, click ‘Save’
In the Widget section you can always come back and change the widget layout or unpublish it while making the customizations.