In this quick tutorial, we will show you how to display Facebook, Yelp and Google reviews on your Squarespace website. This means that you can use EmbedReviews as a reviews widget for Squarespace or any similar web builder that allows embedding code.
If you still have not generated Facebook or Google reviews in your EmbedReviews account, just follow this tutorial, where you will learn how to connect your account and the widget’s embeddable code.
Once you get the code you will only need to follow the steps below on how to paste this code in your Squarespace website:
Embed the code in Squarespace
For this guide, we’ve chosen to show you how to display the reviews generated with EmbedReviews to an entire new Testimonials page.
You can also do the same for displaying the reviews section on an existing page.
1. Create Testimonials page in Squarespace
First, log in to your Squarespace account, navigate to My sites and click on the website where you want to display the reviews. Here are the steps on how to create the Testimonials page:
- Once the config screen opens, on the left side menu click Pages
- In the pages list, click the plus (+) icon;
- Click on the ‘Page’ section
- Write the Page title of the page (in our case Testimonials)
- Click ‘Start editing’
Next, we will add the code block and just paste the embeddable code from EmbedReviews.
2. Embed Reviews Code in Squarespace Page
Once your page is created a section block will be created where you can add the embeddable block.
- At the top right in the dark header of the block section, just click the plus + button
- In the popover click the content block ‘Embed’
- A popup will appear where you will need to click the code icon
- In the blank code space just paste your ‘Code for Squarespace’
- Click ‘Set’
- To view the result, just click the ‘Save‘ button in the top left corner of the page header bar
That’s it. Your Facebook, Google or Yelp reviews feed will look like this:
If by any chance the Embed block does not display the feed, please use the Code block. To do this, just follow the steps below:
- Click again on the +plus icon, scroll down and click on the ‘Code’ block
- In the popup paste the EmbedSocial code
The feed will appear in your Code block. To preview it, just click Preview in Safe Mode.
If you have any questions, feel free to talk with us.
Please note: Some of the Squarespace templates do not refresh the pages in the browser so you might have a situation when your reviews do not show up. If you are experiencing his situation, please contact us so we can send you a custom code for your template.