The EmbedReviews platform allows you to easily import your current reviews that you save in a spreadsheet or reviews you downloaded from third-party platforms. Once you do this, you can display them in a widget on your website.
To import reviews, you will need to make sure your reviews are structured in a spreadsheet according to the following guidelines:
Import reviews file specification
The Reviews Import tool accepts data in comma-separated values (CSV) file format. The first row of the template or data file contains column headings. Each subsequent row corresponds to a custom review that needs to be imported.
You can upload a maximum of 500 reviews in one file. Download the template file here.
name, review_date, rating, review_text, email, tags, custom_link, reviewer_photo_url
- name: Reviewer name
- review_date: Review date. The preferred format is Y-m-d (2019-06-21), but you can also use ISO 8601 dates
- rating: Number 1 – 5
- review_text: Review text
- email: Reviewer email
- tags: Review tags, comma-separated
- custom_link: Individual Review link. This link will take precedence over the source link
- reviewer_photo_url: Reviewer photo URL
Required columns are name, review_date, and rating. The other columns may be empty, but they must be comma-separated
You can always email us the file or contact Customer Support, and we can format and upload it for you. This may take up to 2 business days.
Import the reviews spreadsheet in EmbedReviews
Once you have your reviews spreadsheet structured as the guidelines above, you can go to your EmbedReviews account and just upload this file.
To do this, just follow the steps:
- Click on ‘Import reviews’ option in the left-hand main menu
- Choose the source where you want your reviews to be organised
- Click ‘Select file’ and choose the spreadsheet from your PC
- Once the reviews are displayed, click ‘Import’
That’s it. Now the imported reviews will show in the selected source and you can use them to create a widget that you can embed on your website.
Display imported reviews in your website
- Go to ‘Reviews feed’
- Click ‘Create new’
- Select the source of the imported reviews
- Once the widget is created you can use the edit settings to customize it.
- To display it, just copy/paste the provided code on your website.