- How to add Google reviews to your website quickly?
- Detailed guide to embed Google reviews for free
- How to embed Google reviews automatically
- Embed aggregated Google reviews rating badge
- Embedding Google reviews into different website builders
- Alternative methods to embed Google reviews
- Why embed Google reviews?
- Google reviews widget features
- Examples of Google reviews widgets
- Live demo of Google reviews widgets
- Best practices to display Google reviews on your site
- Embed Google reviews on website right now
- FAQs about embedding Google reviews
By learning how to embed Google reviews on your website, you can enhance your brand’s credibility and improve your online presence, thus driving organic traffic to your site.
While Google does not provide an option to embed your reviews on your sites directly, you can still use third-party widgets and plugins and embed Google reviews for free or automatically.
How to add Google reviews to your website quickly?
Here are the main steps to embed Google reviews on your website for free:
- Create a free account for the Google reviews widget;
- Go to Sources and select Google;
- Next, search and select your Google business location;
- Select a Google reviews widget and customize it as you see fit;
- Copy the embeddable widget;
- Open your website builder and paste the Google review HTML code into your website’s HTML or code block.
Voila! It’s is very simple to add Google Reviews to the website by using a widget! If you need more customizations, try the pro version and display a live Google reviews widget that will automatically update as your customers leave reviews for your products and services.
Here is an example:
Is there a native option to embed Google reviews?
Previously, there was an option to embed Google reviews in the Google Business Profile, such as:
- Go to the Google Maps and search for your business name.
- Click on the “Reviews” tab to see your Google reviews.
- Click on the three-dot icon on the right-hand side of the review you want to embed.
- Select “Embed” from the dropdown menu.
- A pop-up will appear with a link to share. Just, copy the link.
- Paste the link on your website where you want the review to appear.
Note: Native option is depriciated
That said, they do provide access to that information via the API.
Follow the steps below to embed Google reviews with the free Google reviews widget.
Detailed guide to embed Google reviews for free
Here is how to embed Google reviews by using the Google reviews widget:
- Create a free account;
- Go to ‘Sources‘ and choose ‘Google Maps’;
- Next, type in your business name in Google and select your location. Once your location appears on the map, click ‘Select location.’
- The system will generate your Google reviews average rating and number of reviews and will create a free Google Reviews badge. Here, you also have the option to switch the layout from Badge to Slider and display the most relevant 5 Google reviews for free.
- Finally, to embed the free Google reviews widget, just click the Embed tab and click ‘Copy code’ to get the Google reviews embed code- as shown below:
Free Google reviews widget
Note: You can add Google Reviews to website with free Google reviews badges and free Google reviews widgets showing up to 5 most relevant reviews on Google. To generate all reviews and use all customization settings, try the PRO version.
Watch the detailed video on how to embed Google reviews for free:
Depending on your preferences, you are able to use a Google reviews embed HTML iFrame with the option to fix the height and width dimensions.
How to embed Google reviews automatically
Before you get started, make sure you create a new EmbedReviews account or log into an existing one. Next, follow these steps in the interactive tutorial or with the provided screenshots to add Google Reviews to website:
- Go to ‘Sources,’ click ‘Add Source’ and select ‘Google’;
During this step, you can also opt to add reviews from other sources, including Facebook, Instagram, Yelp, and even custom testimonials via .csv files.
- Click ‘Connect Google account‘ to add your Google My Business account to the platform so the system can automatically pull all your reviews;
- Once you connect your Google business profile, select the Google location from where you want to pull the reviews. Click ‘Next‘;
- Next, choose the widget layout by clicking ‘Use this template.’ If you don’t like any of them, click ‘Start from scratch’ to create your own original template.
- Customize your widget, moderate your reviews, and click the ‘Copy Code’ button once you are ready to embed the widget in your website editor. Here, you can completely customize your widget on a higher level using custom CSS.
- And finally, open the webpage HTML code where you want to place the widget, and just paste the provided Google reviews embed code. If you use WordPress, you can easily embed the Google reviews widget by simply pasting the code into the HTML block in the WordPress editor:
Note: Oh, and don’t worry about adding new reviews, as the widget updates automatically and will display Google reviews on website immediately after they’re added to your GMB account.
The best part of it is the customization functionality, where you can handpick which online reviews you want to showcase. For example, you can moderate some negative reviews and create a better overall customer review widget.
You can choose from the pre-defined templates – sidebar, grid, slider, etc. Or you can customize your widget on a higher level using custom CSS.
To get an idea of how easily you can embed your Google reviews automatically on your website, check this video:
Embed aggregated Google reviews rating badge
Every website needs social proof in order to have their potential customers gain trust and engage.
Having a Google reviews badge that is interactive and shows the latest Google reviews ratings is the perfect way to achieve this. Here are two options to generate your Google Reviews badge, depending if you want a PRO version or just a simple free badge:
1. Free Google reviews badge generator
We at EmbedSocial recognized this need and developed a free Google reviews badge generator.
Here are the steps on how to use our Google reviews badge generator:
2. Professional Google reviews badge
If you want a more professional badge that will open the latest Google reviews or have a link to your Google reviews form, no worries; we’ve got you covered.
EmbedReviews has a gallery of Google reviews badges that you can use to showcase an aggregated rating on your website. The badges vary in style, so you’ll definitely find something you like. You don’t trust us? Check all our badges below.
Add reviews from other sources
If you need to add reviews from more sources, like more Google locations, Facebook pages, or other review sites, you can do this with EmbedReviews.
To add more review sources in an existing or new widget, click ‘Sources’ on the left-side menu and then click ‘Add source.’ On the next page, you will be able to select other sources and follow the instructions.
How to embed Google reviews with photos?
Embedding UGC photos from Google reviews on your website can help build trust and credibility, enhance social proof, boost SEO, increase engagement, provide valuable insights, save time and resources, and enhance authenticity.
It’s a powerful way to leverage the content your customers are already creating to enhance your website and improve your business.
Embedding Google reviews into different website builders
Our review widgets integrate flawlessly with the best website builders out there. To do so, check out the straightforward guides below.
How to embed reviews on your WordPress website?
To embed Google reviews on your WordPress website, follow the steps below.
You have generated beautiful and positive Google My Business reviews, and now it’s time to put these reviews on your WordPress website – we’ve got you covered.
Our Google reviews widget for WordPress has two options on how to link your Google reviews to a website:
- Embed Google reviews widget with a shortcode
- Create an EmbedReviews account or sign in if you already have one;
- Go to “Sources” on the left-side menu and then click “Add source.”;
- Select “Google Location” from the pop-up menu;
- Connect your Google My Business account to the platform;
- Go to “Widgets” on the left menu and click ‘Create New‘;
- Name your widget, choose your Google source, and click “Create”;
- Customize and moderate your widget, and click the ‘Copy Code‘ button to copy its code;
- Sign in to your WordPress account and open the page where you want to add the reviews;
- Click the + button in the new editor and choose Custom HTML to paste the widget code;
- Click “Save” when you’re done.
Watch the video below to help you generate and copy the Google reviews widget code.
For more details, navigate to the full tutorial:
Option 2: Embedding Google reviews widget with a shortcode
You can display your Google reviews widget with a shortcode by using a Google reviews WordPress plugin as well. Here are the steps to get the provided shortcode from EmbedReviews:
- In EmbedReviews’s widget editor, go to the Embed tab and click ‘Help to embed code’
- From the popup, click WordPress shortcode and click Copy code.
Once you have the shortcode, you will need to install the plugin and paste the code into your WordPress page:
- Install the EmbedSocial WordPress plugin;
- Log in to your WordPress admin page and navigate to ‘Plugins‘;
- Click ‘Add new,’ and in the top right search field, type EmbedSocial;
- Once the result is displayed, click “Install” and click ‘Activate‘;
- Open the page where you want to embed the Google reviews widget;
- Click the + icon and choose “Shortcode” block,
- Paste the copied shortcode in the field;
- Click “Update”.
Once you embed the Google reviews widget, you can choose from various styling options and display your reviews in a modern web widget—use the grid, carousel, slider, and dark or light options and make your widget fit the best with your website design.
Here’s an example of how a pizza business in New York uses a review plugin for their Google business reviews. For this example, it uses the slider option and limits the ratings to only four and 5-star reviews. Also, the widget title and the star color fit the overall design.
Try Google Reviews WordPress plugin by EmbedSocial
As mentioned above, There is an option to get your Google reviews from all the Google My Business locations you manage and embed them on your WordPress website in just a few clicks. The official WordPress plugin works for all EmbedSocial tools, so you will never need to install or maintain multiple plugins.
How to embed Google reviews in Shopify?
To embed Google reviews on your Shopify website, follow the steps below.
- Sign up for an EmbedSocal account, or if you already have one, just log in.
- Connect your Google Business account and create a Google reviews widget.
- In the widget editor, navigate to the top-left ‘Embed‘ tab and click Copy code.
- Now login to Shopify, and go to the page where you want to add the widget.
- In the page editor, in ‘Content,’ click the ’embed code and paste the code – as shown below:
Remember to save any changes you make in Shopify to see all your Google reviews appear on your Shopify store. This method is much simpler than dealing with the Google API directly and is suitable for anyone with basic HTML knowledge.
Click below to read the full guide.
To embed Google reviews on your Squarespace website, follow the steps below.
Our Google reviews widget for Squarespace helps you sync your Google reviews in seconds—much faster than dealing with the Google API directly.
Here are the steps on how to add the widget code in Squarespace:
- Sign up for an EmbedSocial account or log in if you have an existing account.
- Connect your Google business profile and create the Google reviews widget.
- In the widget editor, click on the. ‘Embed‘ tab and click ‘Copy code.’
- Log into your Squarespace account and choose the page where you want the reviews to appear;
- Click ‘Add new section’ and click ‘Add block‘ where you want to display the widget;
- From the blocks list, choose ‘Embed‘;
- Click on the block, select Code snippet, and click Embed data;
- Finally, in the code box, paste the copied reviews code into it;
- Make sure to save and publish your changes on Squarespace.
How to embed Google reviews in Wix?
To embed Google reviews on your Wix website, follow the steps below.
Adding Google reviews to your Wix site using our EmbedReviews widget is quite straightforward. Just follow these steps:
- Open your Wix editor, click on the area where you want to add the code, and click the + icon to add a new element;
- In the elements dropdown menu, click the Embed Code item and tap ‘Embed HTML’;
- Click the Enter code option in the embed area, and in the pop-up, paste the generated embed code as shown below and click ‘Update.’
Once you are done, the widget will display in the editor immediately.
How to embed Google reviews on your HTML website?
To embed Google reviews on your HTML website, follow the steps below.
To embed Google reviews on your HTML website using EmbedSocial, follow these steps:
- Sign up for an account on EmbedSocial or log in if you already have an account.
- In EmbedSocial, create a Google reviews widget. Customize it to match your website’s style, adjusting elements like colors and fonts.
- Click on the ‘Embed‘ tab in the upper left corner of EmbedSocial and copy the provided embed code.
- Open the HTML file of your website, which could be either a new page or an existing one, and paste the copied EmbedSocial embed code where you want the reviews to display.
How to embed Google reviews on your Webflow website?
To embed Google reviews on your Webflow website, follow the steps below.
- Start a free trial with EmbedReviews: Sign up for a free trial on EmbedReviews and connect your Google account.
- Create your reviews widget: Within EmbedReviews, create your Google reviews widget.
- Log in to your Webflow account.
- Navigate to website edit view: Go to the edit view of your website within Webflow.
- Add the embed element: Choose to ‘Add element’ in Webflow and select the ‘Embed’ element.
- Paste the EmbedReviews Code: In the input field of the ‘Embed’ element, paste the copied EmbedReviews code
To learn all the steps, follow the full tutorial on how to embed Google reviews in Webflow.
How to embed Google reviews on your PageCloud website?
To embed Google reviews on your PageCloud website, follow the steps below.
- Sign up for EmbedReviews and connect your Google account to it.
- Create your Google reviews widget and customize its layout, design, moderate the reviews, etc.
- After setting up your widget, go to the ‘Embed’ tab and copy the provided code.
- Log in to your Pagecloud account.
- Select the specific page on your PageCloud website where you want the widget to be displayed.
- In the edit view of your chosen page, go to the menu and choose ‘Apps.’
- From the options, select the ‘Embed’ feature.
- Paste the EmbedReviews code into the provided field and click ‘OK’ to complete the process.
How to embed Google reviews on your Google Sites website?
To embed Google reviews on your Google Sites website, follow the steps below.
- Sign up or log in to your EmbedReviews account.
- Connect your Google profile and create the Google reviews widget
- In the widget editor, click the Embed tab and copy the embed code.
- Log in to your Google Sites account.
- Navigate to the page where you want to embed the widget.
- Use the ‘Insert‘ tab in Google Sites to select the section for the widget
- Choose ‘Embed‘ from the menu and paste the copied code in the dialog box.
- Click ‘Next‘ and then ‘Insert‘ to finalize the embedding.
How to embed Google reviews in Notion?
To embed Google reviews on your Notion website, follow the steps below.
Notion accepts all different kinds of integrations, and this one is no different. To embed Google reviews in Notion, follow these steps:
First, go to your Reviews widget editor to get the Widget URLs.
- Go to the Embed tab, click the iFrame codes
- In the popup, click URL and click ‘Copy URL.’
Next, log in to Notion, open the page where to display Google reviews, and follow these steps:
- Type the /embed command, and from the dropdown, choose the Embed link.
- Paste the URL and click the Embed link to embed Google reviews in Notion.
The widget will appear in seconds, and you can freely publish this page.
How to embed Google reviews in Feedlink link in bio page?
Feedlink is a new personal website builder and is perfect for small businesses, local shops, restaurants or real estate agencies. Most of these local businesses have solid Google business profiles and great Google ratings. Therefore, having the ability to be Google reviews on their Feedlink website can be very useful. So here are the steps.
- Sign in to EmbedReviews and connect to Google source
- Once you create the Google reviews widget, click on the Embed tab and copy the provided code.
- Now go to Feedlink editor, and click on the Add block > EmbedSocial widget block
- In the HTML area, paste the widget code.
Alternative methods to embed Google reviews
You can show off your Google reviews widget via several additional methods:
- Custom API integration—a powerful and flexible way to display Google reviews on a website. By using the Google Places API, you can directly integrate Google reviews into your site, allowing for greater customization and control over how the reviews are displayed.
- Embedding screenshots—This is a simple and quick way to showcase your reviews on your website. This method involves taking screenshots of your reviews and embedding them as images on your site. Note that this method is less dynamic than custom API integration.
That said, both methods offer unique advantages for displaying your Google reviews, so consider your technical capabilities, website needs, and marketing goals when picking one.
Native option in Google Maps not available
Few websites are reporting an option to embed Google reviews via Google Maps, but these steps do not work anymore. Previously, you could:
- Visit the Google Maps website and search for your business name.
- Click on the “Reviews” tab to view your Google reviews.
- Find the review you wish to embed, and click on the three dots on its right-hand side.
- From the dropdown menu, select “Embed.”
- A pop-up will appear with an embed link. Copy this link.
- Paste the link into the desired location on your website where you want the review to be displayed.
- Save the changes to your website. The Google review will now be visible on your site or any other chosen platform.
Why embed Google reviews?
Social proof is the main buzzword today; after all, everyone looks for reviews before they purchase anything online to get the confidence they need to make the right decision.
According to the findings in the annual Local Consumer Review Survey by BrightLocal, 98% of people read online reviews for local businesses, indicating that almost all consumers will first read a review before even considering a local business.
Additionally, we’ve analyzed 300,000+ reviews in our database, and based on the Google reviews statistics, we can see that most of the Google reviews are 5-star reviews—leading to a great indicator of customers wanting to express their positive (not just negative) experiences online.
That is why businesses must always pay attention to, aggregate, monitor, and respond to their customers’ reviews on Google or any other platform.
To help its huge consumer base, Google allows third-party companies like EmbedSocial to connect with the Google API and collect the Google reviews feed for a specific business.
After all, bad or negative reviews can directly impact the user’s confidence and influence their decision whether to choose a certain product or not.
Your embedded Google reviews generate more reviews
Collecting Google reviews has a compounding effect since more reviews lead to more business, leading to even more reviews—a strategy that pays for itself.
However, you must ensure you provide the ultimate service/product at all times, meet your customer’s expectations, and hear and resolve all their complaints.
What is the best strategy for getting more reviews? Just ask for them!
If you have an online business, you can send a Google review link to your customers and ask them to add the reviews to your Google business listing directly.
You can quickly find the Google review link by following these steps:
If you have a Google Business Profile:
Option 1: Via Google Search:
- Search for your business name on Google.
- In the top results click the “Ask for reviews” option.
- Your review link will be displayed in a popup. Copy or share it directly through Email, WhatsApp, or Facebook.
Option 2: Via Google Maps App:
- Open the Google Maps app and tap your profile picture.
- Select “Your Business Profiles.”
- Scroll down to “Get more reviews” and select “Share profile.”
- You can either copy the review link or share it directly through Email, WhatsApp, or Facebook.
That’s it! You can also shorten the URL using bit.ly to quickly send it out.
Here is ours – http://bit.ly/ESGoogleReviews. Feel free to give us a Google Review!
The next step is to broadcast your review collection process on every single communication channel, including your social media profiles, via email, and via a website button.
For offline businesses, use all your marketing materials, such as flyers, menus, and posters, where you can write the steps so your community of customers can easily navigate to the link. Just remember to place the QR code in a visible location!
Google reviews impact your SEO
It is not a secret that Google Reviews increase your SEO and give the Google algorithm a positive signal about your company and website.
According to the official Google local search support page:
“Google review count and score are factored into local search ranking: more reviews and positive ratings will probably improve a business’s local ranking. Your position in web results is also a factor, so SEO best practices also apply to local search optimization” – Google support.
Another benefit of the SEO performance and the option to increase the CTR of your search results is that Google uses the star ratings and shows them as a snippet alongside your website search result.
They also showcase the rating snippets from other review sources such as Booking, Trip Advisor, Facebook, and similar.
This star snippet makes you click more on the search results, right?!
What do experts say about embedding Google reviews?
We’ve gathered insights from five top business leaders to help you understand the benefits of embedding Google reviews on your website. Check them out below!
Showcase testimonials as social proof
One remarkable benefit of embedding Google reviews is featuring clients’ testimonials and displaying social proof. We’ve done this for a med spa client. When someone visits our client’s website, they come across a section dedicated to client testimonials.
These are taken straight from Google reviews, showcasing the exceptional results and satisfaction their med spa clinic has consistently delivered. After reading reviews directly from people who’ve tried the services, it helps other folks thinking about coming here feel more sure about their choice. Those reviews act as a way to show that their services are worth trusting. These testimonials evolve into a robust form of social proof.
So, putting Google reviews on the website is like spotlighting these real stories and showing evidence that they are great at what they do. Beyond enhancing their reputation, this practice extends a welcoming hand to more leads, encouraging them to approach their services with confidence and enthusiasm.Ajay Prasad, Founder and President, GMR Web Team
Boost credibility and conversion rates
One of the biggest benefits of having Google reviews embedded on our website is that it instantly creates credibility in the customer’s eyes. Because we’ve placed these so high up on our homepage, we’ve found that our conversion rates for leads have skyrocketed.
It’s very important to remember that while traffic is important, conversions are even more important than the sheer volume of traffic. Without conversions, no products are sold, or deals are done.Owner, Ontario Property Buyers
Establish trust and Increase engagement
Embedding Google reviews directly on the Evenskyn website has proven invaluable in establishing immediate trust with visitors. In the e-commerce beauty sector, where customers often harbor skepticism about product claims, showcasing genuine reviews from a trusted platform like Google offers undeniable authenticity.
After integrating these reviews on the “Before & After Results” page, engagement metrics showed a marked increase. The average time users spent on this page increased significantly, reflecting their interest in real-world experiences of the products. A rise in conversion rates was partly attributed to this integration.Zain Ali, Partner, EVENSKYN
External validations, especially from reputable platforms like Google, can be a game-changer in establishing brand authenticity. This can be seen in action by visiting this section on the website, where genuine customer feedback is prominently displayed.
Embedding Google reviews on a website can increase its trustworthiness. These reviews, coming from a third party, appear more authentic. Their inclusion also provides social proof of engagement and satisfaction with the company.
Historically, embedding recent Google reviews on our homepage and about page has significantly boosted conversions.Michael Alexis, CEO, teambuilding.com
Influence prospects with positive reviews
Embedding Google reviews on your website is an excellent way to show prospective customers that they are in good company if they choose to do business with your organization. A great review may be the tipping point in a prospective customer’s decision to do business with you.
Francois Gouelo, Co-Founder and CEO, Enso Connect
Pride is taken in helping customers find the best solutions for their hospitality businesses. Work is done around the clock to ensure they receive stellar customer service and have a great journey that keeps them coming back for all of their hospitality tech needs.
Google reviews widget features
Our Google Reviews widget offers a variety of features designed to help you manage and display your Google reviews effectively. Here are some of its main features:
- AI summarized reviews: Use our AI tools to create a summary card that will show a unique synopsis based on the reviews in the widget. See demo >
- Official API integrations: EmbedReviews has approved API integrations with major social media networks, including Google, allowing you to collect all your reviews in seconds;
- Customizable widgets: You can customize the design of your review widgets to fit your website layout, including colors, layouts, ordering, and which parts to show or hide;
- Multiple widgets: With one account, you can generate unlimited review widgets and embed them on multiple websites;
- Mobile responsive: The widgets are mobile-friendly and fit any device size;
- Localization: The platform supports over ten languages, allowing you to localize the widget for your web visitors;
- Reviews forms: You can collect reviews on your website with your own review forms;
- Filters & tags: This feature allows you to categorize online reviews by tags and organize them by date, rating, or filter by keywords;
- Analytics: EmbedReviews provides insights on which source collects the most reviews, with export options in CSV for in-depth analysis;
- Auto-sync: This feature syncs all reviews in a single click and creates a live widget that updates based on your filters;
- Badges: You can display a variety of badges to show an average rating on your website from any source, including Google.
Please note that the exact features may vary depending on the plan you choose. For more details, visit the EmbedReviews product page.
Examples of Google reviews widgets
Inspire on how to get Google reviews on your website with interactive widgets that you to copy and create your own Google reviews widget easily.
AI summary in Google Reviews widget
Here is an example of a recent use-case from one of our customers that uses an AI summarizer in combination with Google reviews to showcase their happy customers effectively:
Wall of love with Google reviews
Here is an example of how to add Google reviews to website in a Wall of Love page:
Adding Google reviews to website can be done in various formats. Browse below some of the most popular: Google reviews slider widget, Google reviews popup, Google reviews feed, Google reviews carousel, or a Grid layout.
Live demo of Google reviews widgets
Explore the demos and pick the Google reviews widget, badge or popover that will best fit your website:
Best practices to display Google reviews on your site
When it comes to displaying Google reviews on your website, there are several best practices to consider for maximum impact and user engagement:
Add Call to Action
Integrate a strong Call to Action (CTA) near the review widget. Whether it’s “Book Now,” “Shop,” or “Learn More,” a CTA can guide users on what to do next.
With the EmbedReviews platform, you can actually add CTAs in line with each review and, for example, add ‘Buy’ buttons to the checkout page of the product mentioned in the review.
Another more obvious option is adding the ‘Leave a review’ button to collect more reviews. This CTA is automatically available in the widget, so you won’t need to add the button manually.
Moderate your reviews
EmbedReviews provides tools to show only the reviews you want to be seen.
You can use manual moderation by hand-picking the reviews, or you can set up filters to display reviews that contain certain keywords. Moreover, you can only show reviews with more than four stars, exclude negative reviews, and include other convenient filters.
Choose where to display your reviews
Choosing where to place your Google reviews widget on the website is very important. Some of the most effective locations include the following:
- Homepage: Featuring reviews here can immediately build trust. You might display a few of your best reviews or have a rotating carousel of recent reviews;
- Testimonials page: Some businesses choose to have a whole ‘Wall of Love’ page dedicated to customer testimonials and reviews. This can be a great place to showcase a large number of Google reviews and provide more detail about customer experiences;
- Product or service pages: If you have Google reviews for specific products or services, display them on the corresponding product pages. This allows potential customers to see relevant feedback while they’re considering a purchase;
- Footer: The footer of your website appears on every page, making it a good place to display a few standout reviews. Best of all, your visitors will always see them;
- Sidebar: If your website’s design includes a sidebar, this can be a good place to feature reviews. They’ll be visible but won’t distract from the main content;
- Checkout page: Displaying reviews on your checkout page can provide a last-minute confidence boost to shoppers and help reduce cart abandonment;
- Pop-up or lightbox: Some websites use a pop-up or lightbox to display reviews. This can be effective, but be careful not to annoy visitors with too many pop-ups.
Remember, the goal is to build trust and provide social proof, so place your reviews where they are clearly visible. Also, make sure to keep them updated and respond to them when appropriate to show that you value customer feedback.
Google has recently upgraded Google My Business to Google Business Profile, launching new options to easily manage your listings, respond to reviews, and publish Google posts.
The ability to add Google reviews to the website is only available by using third-party platforms that have approved integration with Google.
Ultimately, consumers trust online reviews, and displaying a Google reviews widget brings any web page to life and helps website visitors gain trust for faster online purchases. So, do yourself a favor and start providing trust to your customers by utilizing all your reviews to grow your brand and boost your sales.
FAQs about embedding Google reviews
We have a full guide on Google reviews, and here is a sneak peek of the most common questions about adding Google reviews on a website on how to increase, respond, or manage Google reviews.
What is the best way to get Google reviews?
Asking your customers! We’ve also found that running a contest or promotion can significantly increase the number of Google reviews you receive. Find more ideas here!
How do I embed a free Google review?
To embed a Google review for free, you can use the free Google reviews widget, in which you can copy and paste your Google review embed HTML code manually to create a free widget that can include the reviews you collect on Google.
How do I remove a Google review?
If the review is fake, you can flag it as inappropriate. If it’s a real review you don’t like, the best thing to do is try to drown it out with lots of positive reviews.
Do Google reviews carry over when you move domains?
Yes, your Google business profile remains, and all the reviews will stay with it.
How long do Google reviews take to show up?
It can take anywhere from a few hours to a few weeks for the reviews provided by your customers to appear on your Google location.
How do I embed a link in Google reviews?
Embedding a link in Google reviews is impossible, as Google does not allow adding hyperlinks to review content. However, you can add links or CTA buttons with the embedded reviews widget in the EmbedSocial editor.
How to add Google reviews as a customer?
Adding Google reviews is a simple process that can be done using the Google Maps app on your Android phone or tablet. Simply open the app, tap on ‘Contribute’, and share your thoughts.
More about writing Google reviews >
How to share a Google review?
Navigate to your Google location → ‘Reviews’ section and then find the ‘Share review’ option under the hamburger menu. Simply copy the short URL and paste it over where you wish.
How to get more Google reviews on website?
The easiest answer on how to get Google reviews on your website is to embed a Google reviews badge that will show your latest rating and also provide a ‘Leave a review’ button that will link directly to your Google review form.