The process to generate and display Google reviews on your website is simple and easy with the EmbedReviews platform.
Here are the steps on how to embed Google reviews widget on your website:
- Create an account
- Go to ‘Sources’ and click ‘Add Source’
- Add Google as a source to connect your Google My Business location
- Once the reviews widget is generated, copy the provided code
- Open your website HTML and paste the widget code.
That’s it. Here is a screenshot of a Google reviews widget on a website:
Like what you see? Try EmbedReviews to generate and embed Google reviews on your website, in seconds.
Google reviews are an integral part of the website these days. You want to show your customers that you’re a trustworthy business by having them share their experiences with others online.
In the following text, we provide more details in a step-by-step process on how to add Google reviews to a website and to understand why every business needs to pay attention to Google My Business reviews.
Steps to embed Google reviews widget
Luckily for you, we developed a reviews aggregation tool to help you pull your Google reviews automatically, without having to struggle again and again throughout the process.
EmbedReviews is perfectly aligned with the Google API and its algorithm. It pulls all customer reviews from your Google Places and Google Maps locations.
With this tool, you can add Google reviews and testimonials to your business page and your website visitors and potential customers can see all the positive reviews in no time.
Before start, log in to your EmbedReviews account or create a new account (if you don’t have one.)
Here are the steps on how to embed a Google reviews widget on your website:
- Go to the ‘Sources‘ tab on the left-side menu and then click the ‘Add source’ button
- Select ‘Google Location’ from the pop-up menu
- Connect your Google My Business account to the platform
- Go to ‘Widgets‘ on the left menu and then click ‘Create New‘
- Name your widget, choose your Google account source, and click ‘Create‘
- Customize and moderate your widget and click on the ‘Copy code’ button to copy the widget’s code
- Paste and embed code in your website’s code or editor
And there it is – a new fancy widget of your Google business reviews!
The best part of it is the customization functionality where you can handpick which online reviews you want to showcase. For example, you can moderate some negative reviews and create a better overall customer review widget.
Oh, and don’t worry about the new reviews. The widget updates automatically and it will display reviews almost immediately after they’re on your GMB account.
Embed Google reviews in WordPress
You have generated your beautiful and positive Google My Business reviews and now its time to these reviews on your WordPress website. At the beginning of this post, we’ve outlined the easy steps on how to use EmbedReviews to add Google reviews to HTML website. But, if you have a WordPress website, no worries – we’ve got you covered. EmbedReviews platform has an integration with WordPress which means that you can embed your Google reviews in a few steps.
The platform provides a reviews plugin with two options:
- Embed reviews with a shortcode
- Create an EmbedReviews account or sign in if you already have it
- Go to the “Sources” tab on the left-side menu and then click the “Add source” button
- Select “Google Location” from the pop-up menu
- Connect your Google My Business account to the platform
- Go to “Widgets” on the left menu and then click “Create New”
- Name your widget, choose your Google source, and click “Create”
- Customize and moderate your widget and click on the “Copy code” button to copy the widget’s code
- Paste the code in your website’s code or editor
- Sign in to your WordPress account
- Choose and Edit the page where you want to add the reviews on
- Click the + button in the new editor
- Choose Shortcode or Custom HTML
- Click “Save” when you’re done
We filmed a tutorial with walkthrough instructions that will help you to generate and embed Google reviews on your WordPress website, in seconds.
Option 2: Embed reviews with a shortcode
You can display your Google reviews with a shortcode as well. Here are the steps:
- Install the EmbedSocial WordPress plugin
- Log in to your WordPress admin, navigate to “Plugins”
- Click the button “Add new”
- Type EmbedSocial in the search field
- Once the result is displayed just click “Install” now and then click “Activate”
- Create your Google reviews widget
- Click on the “Find CMS instructions” link and under WordPress – copy the shortcode
- Sign in to your WordPress editor
- Into the “Shortcode” block, paste the copied shortcode
- Click “Save”
Once you embed the widget, you can use various styling options and display your reviews in a modern web widget.
Use the grid, carousel, slider, dark or light options and make your widget fit the best with your website design.
Here is an example of how a Pizza business in New York uses a review plugin for their Google business reviews embedded in this post. For this example, we used the slider option and limit the ratings to show only the 4 and 5-star reviews. Also, we customized the widget title and the star color to fit our design:
Why are Google Reviews important for your business?
Let me ask you a question?
How do you look for a nearby place or a restaurant that you want to visit?
You use Google it, right? Well, most people do the same and Google is working hard to provide the best user experience and give business tools to enhance their online presence.
Google launched Google My Business, which is the former Google Places, that aims to give businesses tools to submit and maintain their presence across multiple Google products.
Google My Business is free to use and every business can provide its location and create a listing. Once you’ve created your listing, every user can submit customer reviews and post photos related to your location.
And people truly read reviews. It’s all about social proof. It gives the user the confidence that they will make the right decision if they choose to go to a place that has many positive over negative reviews.
So, why add Google reviews to website? Your answer is right bellow!
According to the findings in the annual Local Consumer Review Survey by BrightLocal, 91% of consumers trust a local business more if they have positive reviews.
To extend this functionality, Google allows third-party companies such as EmbedSocial, to connect with the Google API and generate Google reviews for a specific business.
And here comes the importance of these reviews:
Google makes sure everybody sees the reviews section every time your business is Googled or looked for in Google Maps.
Therefore, if you own a business, you will always want to make sure that these reviews are positive and want to monitor what will display in the Google search results when potential customers look for your location or look for a product that you sell.
A bad or negative number of reviews can directly impact the user’s confidence and influence on their decision whether to choose your product or go to the competition.
That is why, business owners must always pay attention, aggregate, monitor and respond to their customers’ online, Facebook and Google reviews.
Well, almost always (if you receive a review like the one below, then your options for responding might be limited) ?
Ok, ok let’s get back to the serious stuff!
Google Reviews impact your SEO
It is not a secret that Google Reviews increase your SEO and gives the Google algorithm a positive signal about your company and website.
According to the official Google local search support page:
“Google review count and score are factored into local search ranking: more reviews and positive ratings will probably improve a business’s local ranking. Your position in web results is also a factor, so SEO best practices also apply to local search optimization” – Google support.
Another benefit of the SEO performance and the option to increase the CTR of your search results is that Google uses the star ratings and shows them as a snippet alongside your website search result.
They also showcase the rating snippet from other review sources such as Booking, Trip Advisor, Facebook and similar.
This star snippet, makes you click more on the search result, right?!
Increase Google reviews with Google Reviews widget
Once we all understand the impact of the Google Reviews testimonials, it is time to increase their number and make sure these reviews are positive.
To start, you must provide the ultimate service/product and exceed your customer’s expectations.
If you manage to do this, getting positive Google reviews is a piece of cake.
The strategy: Just ask!
If you have an online business you can simply send a link to your customers and ask them to directly add the reviews on your Google business listing.
To find this link, follow the steps below:
- Search for your business on Google
- Google will list your business snippet on the right side of the search results
- Click the button ‘Write Review‘ within your business snippet
- A popup with a review submission form will appear, and you just need to copy the URL
That’s it. Make sure your URL is shorter with bit.ly so you can easily send it to your clients.
Here is ours – http://bit.ly/ESGoogleReviews . Feel free to give us a Google Review ?
The next step is to broadcast your review testimonials process on every single communication channel. The main channels where you can share the link online are:
- All your social media profiles
- Create a button with the link on your website
For offline businesses the ‘ask for review’ placements can include all your marketing collateral such as flyers, menus, posters where you can write the steps so your customers can easily navigate to the link.
To connect the offline to the online review form you should use a QR code that can instantly redirect your customers to your Google review link. Read more about how to create a Google review link.
Next, make these reviews boost your web presence and utilize the words of your current customers to land new customers.
So you are probably guessing! You need to embed the Google reviews on your website. Let’s learn how!
Generate & display your Google reviews
Show social reviews, boost trust on your website and increase conversions.
Try Google Reviews WordPress Plugin by EmbedSocial
There is an option to get your Google reviews from all the Google My Business location you manage and embed it on your WordPress website in just a few clicks. The official WordPress plugin works for all EmbedSocial tools, so you will never need to install or maintain multiple plugins.
Combine Facebook, Yelp, and Google reviews
To do this follow the steps below:
- Log in to your account
- Go to sources and click ‘Add source’
- Select Facebook or Yelp and connect your profiles with the platform
- Now go to ‘Widgets‘ and open the widget
- Click on the ‘Sources tab’ and select your Facebook page or Yelp location
- The reviews from these sources will appear alongside your Google reviews.
Please note that the Yelp platform currently limits the generation of more than 3 reviews, so we suggest you combine your Yelp reviews with other Google or Facebook reviews that you can generate through the EmbedSocial platform.
Display Google reviews aggregated rating badge
No worries we got you covered on this, as well. EmbedReviews gives a gallery of badges that you can use to showcase an aggregated rating on your website. The badges vary in their style, so you can choose the one that fits the most with your website design. Check the Facebook and Google review badges demo page.
Over to you
EmbedReviews is constantly improving and keeps up the step with Google Reviews, and we urge you to try it – you’ll be glad you did.
Feel free to contact us if you have any feature requests.
Ready to embed your Google Reviews now?
Try EmbedReviews and embed Google, Facebook or Yelp reviews, forms and badges.
7 days free trial · Easy setup · Cancel any time