- TLTR: How to embed Instagram feed?
- How to embed Instagram feed with a social media aggregator
- Step 1: Create an EmbedFeed account
- Step 1: Choose Instagram as a ‘source’
- Step 3: Connect your Facebook account or manually enter your Instagram account
- Step 4: Choose Instagram source type – Instagram hashtags or Instagram account
- Step 5: Choose your Instagram widget layout
- Step 6: Copy the Instagram widget code
- Step 7: Paste the provided code into your website
- Embed Instagram feed on any website for free
- How to embed Instagram feed in WordPress
- Embed Instagram feed on other CMS platforms
- How to show Instagram feed in SquareSpace
- How to show Instagram feed on Shopify website
- How to embed Instagram feed in Wix
- How to embed Instagram feed in Hubspot?
- How to embed Instagram feed in Notion?
- Embed Instagram Feed on other web platforms
- Other Options to Embed Instagram Feed for Free
- 1. Instagram’s official embedding option
- 2. 3rd-party Instagram feed plugins for WordPress or any website
- Do more: Embed Your Instagram Feed on a Website Like a Pro
- Benefits of adding Instagram Feed to your website
- Instagram Feed on a website example
- Features of the Instagram Feed widget by EmbedSocial
- Key Takeaways
- Frequently Asked Questions
Social media feeds have become a core component of any website layout, especially embedding Instagram feeds (Instagram walls) that extend your Instagram content reach beyond the native Instagram app.
The ability to embed Instagram feeds on your website pages instantly boost your brand’s social proof.
This blog post contains all the solutions to display an Instagram feed on your website.
TLTR: How to embed Instagram feed?
Here is how to embed Instagram feed on your website with a social media aggregator.
- Create an EmbedFeed Account
- In Sources, choose Instagram as a source.
- Connect your Facebook account or manually enter your Instagram account.
- Choose an Instagram widget layout from the templates, like an Instagram slider.
- Create a widget and copy the embeddable code.
- Go to your website builder and paste the code into the HTML.
To get started, browse the widget template demos below and see all the possibilities for embedding your Instagram feed on your website:
How to embed Instagram feed with a social media aggregator
Here is a video walkthrough on how to embed Instagram feed like a PRO:
And below, you have each of these steps’ details described with screenshots:
Step 1: Create an EmbedFeed account
Before you start, make sure you already have a free EmbedFeed account.
If not, create your free account and follow the steps below.
Once you are logged in, you will be navigated to the Sources section to add Instagram as a source.
Step 1: Choose Instagram as a ‘source’
From the main screen with social platforms, choose Instagram as ‘Source’.
Step 3: Connect your Facebook account or manually enter your Instagram account
In this step, you can choose to ‘Connect Facebook Account‘ to get all your Instagram posts in case you have a professional Instagram account that is connected to your Facebook page.
If not, you can manually enter your Instagram @username.
Note: If you manage several Instagram profiles, the system will display them once you connect your Facebook account.
Step 4: Choose Instagram source type – Instagram hashtags or Instagram account
Choose what kind of Instagram feed you would like to create, from Instagram hashtags or an Instagram account.
After that, if you choose #Hashtags, you will need to enter the desired hashtag, or if you choose @Account, you will need to enter the account’s name. You will be redirected to the next screen to have a sneak peek of the posts that EmbedFeed will generate for you.
Step 5: Choose your Instagram widget layout
The next step is a template library with different layouts for your Instagram feed. Choose one by clicking the Use template button.
Step 6: Copy the Instagram widget code
So once you are on this page, you can see the code displayed in the top-right section of the Settings panel. Just click copy code and use this code to show the responsive widget on your website.
Step 7: Paste the provided code into your website
If you are using a platform that allows editing of the page’s code, you can paste the code into the body section of its HTML structure at the position where you want the Instagram feed widget to appear. To embed the code in WordPress, click the ‘add block’ icon and paste the code into the HTML block as shown below:
And if you use other web platforms such as WordPress, Squarespace, Wix, or similar, navigate below in the text to find the actual tutorials for these platforms.
Here is how one of our clients use the free Instagram widget on their website.
Embed Instagram feed on any website for free
As a bonus, EmbedFeed provides a free Instagram feed widget that can generate, utilize, and sync your Instagram’s marketing potential on your website in minutes.
So, if you use any popular web platforms, you are ready to go.
It works like a charm. Follow the steps below, and you can sync your entire Instagram feed with your website in seconds.
Here is how to embed an Instagram feed on a website for free:
- Create your free account in the EmbedFeed platform
- Pick Instagram as ‘Source’ and connect your Instagram account
- Generate your Instagram feed in an Instagram widget
- And copy/paste the provided code on your website
Here’s what the embedded Instagram feed looks like in action:
Like what you see? Create and embed your first Instagram feed for free!
Feel free to continue to read for more details on how to embed your Instagram feed for free on the most used CMS and website builders. Here are quick and simple steps with screenshot explanations below.
How to embed Instagram feed in WordPress
Before you start, please note that you can use the EmbedSocial platform with or without a WordPress plugin to embed the Instagram feed.
It is directly integrated with the Instagram API, so you won’t need to configure your user id or update access tokens. You will only need to click a button and give your permission to our platform to sync your posts on your WordPress website.
Option 1: Instagram Feed Plugin
With the EmbedFeed Instagram Feed for WordPress, you can create a full posts feed or a simple photo feed with your Instagram images.
Before you start, you will need first to connect your Instagram user account.
Once you do that, follow these steps, and you will need to activate the Instagram plugin on your WordPress website.
Here are the steps on how to activate the EmbedSocial plugin and embed Instagram feed in WordPress:
- Open your WordPress admin and navigate to Plugins
- In Search, type EmbedSocial and in the search results, click to Install it
- Once it’s installed, in the Plugins list, click Activate.
- Now, open your WordPress Page where you want to show the feed
- Click on the + button to add a block and choose a custom HTML block (or you can use the shortcode block and use the shortcode also provided in the code options in your widget editor in EmbedFeed.)
- Paste the provided HTML code
- Click ‘Save’/’Publish ‘on that page.
That’s it. Once you open the front end of your WordPress site, you will see the latest Instagram posts on your website.
Using EmbedFeed will help you to choose the layouts, and a number of columns, add a follow button, and even include a Facebook feed or TikTok feed in one social media widget.
This option is usually recommended use for one-time embeds like showing an Instagram widget in the website’s sidebar.
To do this, you will need to get the code from your EmbedSocial account and paste the code in the Widgets area where you have your sidebar.
For more details, feel free to ask us for help or check the full Instagram Feed WordPress tutorial.
Embed Instagram feed on other CMS platforms
And you probably wonder how to do this if you use a specific e-commerce platform, a CMS (content management system), or a web builder. The EmbedFeed platform provides an Instagram feed code that works for your Squarespace website, Weebly website, or Shopify online store.
Here are the respected tutorials on how to use the EmbedFeed platform’s code for Instagram feeds:
How to show Instagram feed in SquareSpace
The code provided by the EmbedFeed free Instagram widget also works with the Squarespace CMS platform.
First, go to your Squarespace account, and from the home page, navigate to the website where you want to show the widget:
Now follow the steps below to learn how to paste the embeddable code of your Instagram widget:
Step 1: Point to the section of the page where you want to add the widget and add a new content block by clicking on the plus button
Step 2: Select the ‘Embed’ block and click on the “Embed Data” code icon.
Step 3: Paste the code into the insert point and click ‘Set’
How to show Instagram feed on Shopify website
There are a few options on how to embed the Instagram widget by EmbedSocial code in Shopify.
Log in to your Shopify account, go to Store > Options > Pages, and open the page where you want to show the widget. Then follow these steps:
Step 1: In the page editor, click the top-right code icon
Step 2: Click on the HTML/code icon in the top right corner of the text editor and paste the provided code.
Finally, click ‘Save’, and the Instagram feed will appear on the selected page.
How to embed Instagram feed in Wix
Follow the steps below to embed an Instagram feed in Wix:
First, log in to your Wix account and open your website editor.
Step 1: Click the top-left + button to add a new block and in the popover, choose the iFrame block
Step 3: Once the iframe block appears, click the top-left Edit code button
Step 4: Paste the widget code you copied from the widget editor and click Update
Step 5: Resize the iframe block to fit the widget and click Publish
See the full tutorial on how to embed Instagram feed in Wix >
How to embed Instagram feed in Hubspot?
Hubspot’s website builder is a very popular platform for building landing pages amongst people who don’t have technical skills.
To embed your Instagram feed into Hubspot’s CMS Hub, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Hubspot account
- Click on Marketing in the top menu and click Landing pages.
- Click edit on the page you want to have the Instagram feed
- In the landing page editor, click the top menu File and select Page Settings
- Here choose Advanced and navigate to the Footer text area
- Paste the code from EmbedFeed
- Click Save or Publish
That’s it. You just set our Instagram feed and can forget it, as it will automatically update every time you post on Instagram.
How to embed Instagram feed in Notion?
Do you use Notion to build landing pages? If yes, these few steps can help you sync your Instagram activity with your Internal notion pages or even a public website built on top of the Notion platform.
To start, you will need to get the URL of your widget. To get this URL, open the widget in EmbedFeed editor, and click on the iFrame code in the Embed tab. In the popup, click URL and click Copy URL, as shown below:
To embed the Instagram feed in your Notion page, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Notion account and open the page where you want to embed the feed
- Select the area where you will place the widget and type /embed and choose the Embed option
- Click the Embed link tab, and in. the URL tab, paste the widget URL
Embed Instagram Feed on other web platforms
Here are additional tutorials to help you display Instagram photos on other web platforms:
Other Options to Embed Instagram Feed for Free
Here are 2 free options on how to add your Instagram feed in WordPress or any other web platform:
1. Instagram’s official embedding option
Instagram offers an easy embed feature that lets you add an Instagram post on WordPress.
- To start, open your Instagram business app in the browser
- Open the image you want to embed and choose the 3 dots menu in the upper right corner
- Choose the option ‘Embed‘ and copy the code
- Open your WordPress editor and go to the page where you want that post to appear
- Select the area of the editor where you want to add the code and click on the + icon
- Select the ‘Embed’ block and paste the image URL in the input field
- Click ‘Update ‘(or ‘Preview‘) to see your embedded Instagram feed
Check the full Instagram’s official embedding guide.
Although these are simple ways to embed your Instagram feed, they come with many limitations:
- You can attach only one post at a time
- No option for customizations, Instagram content moderation, performance analytics, live Instagram feed content updates, multiple posts, etc.
2. 3rd-party Instagram feed plugins for WordPress or any website
EmbedFeed is not the only platform that provides a free version for embedding Instagram feeds.
There are plenty of other tools that can help you do a similar task.
Before using the final tool, we suggest checking the WordPress plugin directory or the Shopify apps store for relevant apps like Smash Balloon that might provide similar functionality.
Do more: Embed Your Instagram Feed on a Website Like a Pro
We explained how to use the free version of the EmbedFeed platform for embedding Instagram feeds on any website.
If you need professional settings and many other features to customize or change your feed’s layouts, make your Instagram feeds shoppable with custom ‘Buy’ buttons, and much more, you can check the EmbedFeed PRO version.
In the PRO version, EmbedFeed provides the option to curate the Instagram hashtag walls generated by hashtags and also has the option to generate posts that are published by other users and mention your Instagram account.
Additionally, it is a full social media aggregator that generates social media content from all major social media networks, has moderation options to have full control over which Instagram posts are published, and gives options to embed multiple Instagram feed widgets on numerous websites,
It is one of the most professional Instagram tools or plugins for websites that offer more advanced solutions to display your Instagram photos on WordPress, Wix, Squarespace, HTML websites, or other web platforms.
If you want to check all its features in action, follow the links below for the live demos:
- Shoppable Instagram feed – Live Demo
- Collage template – Live Demo
- Carousel template – Live Demo
- Slider template – Live Demo
- Wall template – Live Demo
With these exclusive Instagram widget options, you will stand out from the crowd!
Visit the Instagram Widgets Templates Library to check all possible layouts and what you can do more with EmbedFeed.
Customize your Instagram feed
To stay creative and make your Instagram feed truly impressive, navigate to the Settings, Layout, and Design boxes below the code, and feel free to play around with the following options:
- Order your media and create captions for them
- Customize the size of your images
- Link images to Instagram
- Change the widget title
- Change the font and color of the title
- Change the layout of the feed
- Use CSS editor to design a custom feed style
- Customization options of Instagram widgets
Please note: Customization is not available in the free EmbedFeed version.
Do even more: Embed Instagram hashtag feeds like a PRO
As mentioned above, use the EmbedFeed PRO version for more advanced features, including using other social networks, embedding Instagram feeds from hashtags, and moderating these Instagram feeds,
This social media aggregator allows you to apply your brand voice by customizing your feed with different colors and fonts, layout options, backgrounds, CTAs, auto-adding new media, and many more.
You can also use the moderation option and choose the content you want to see displayed on your website.
This is especially important when organizing hashtag giveaways or contests that you display on your website. Usually, these posts are from numerous Instagram users and need additional curation before posting on your website.
Also, note that real-time auto-updates, analytics, and a fantastic customer support team come as a part of the PRO package. All active users get constant updates like Custom CSS functionalities and great templates that fit any webpage.
The best option it provides is integrating with all major social media platforms and creating social feeds with all your user-generated content.
Benefits of adding Instagram Feed to your website
So, why should you display the Instagram feed on your website?
From showing and keeping your Instagram users up to date with your new products to directly selling your inventory, Instagram and your content become a central point of your business success.
Displaying an excellent Instagram feed of all super authentic photos created from your account will increase user engagement and time on site, turning visitors into followers.
So, here are some of the main benefits of embedding Instagram feeds:
- Expand social presence
- Provide real-time, fresh, and beautiful content for your website
- A perfect way to display social proof of the quality of your business
- Opportunity to store and analyze user-generated content
- Extend the reach of your brands content beyond the Instagram app
- Save time and resources to produce content for your website
- Increase engagement and the possibility of gaining more Instagram followers
- Build brand trust on your website and boost conversions.
From the list above, probably the most valuable benefit for e-Commerce brands is the ability to showcase user-generated content in social proof forms. This means that having the opportunity to auto-sync content produced by real people about their actual usage of a particular product is priceless proof that helps build trust in e-Commerce websites and drive prospective customers’ purchasing decisions.
Instagram Feed on a website example
Almost no website doesn’t display Instagram feeds, either creating an Instagram gallery of their Instagram posts or a user-generated content widget with posts from an Instagram hashtag that displays their customers’ photos.
Here is an Instagram feed on a website example by of the Stranger Things:
Features of the Instagram Feed widget by EmbedSocial
We built EmbedFeed, a social media content aggregator in the EmbedSocial platform in order to help people sync their own and their customers’ content with their website fast and without any coding skills required.
We achieved this by having a direct and approved API integration with the Instagram platform. Here are the main features you will get with EmbedFeed.
- Complete social media aggregator Not just for content published on Instagram but also on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, Vimeo, and other social media networks.
- Easy Setup: The widget can be installed quickly and effortlessly, making it accessible to users with varying levels of technical expertise.
- Customizable Design: The widget offers a range of customization options, allowing users to match the design of the Instagram feed to their website’s look and feel. Users can modify the layout, colors, and fonts to suit their preferences.
- Responsive Display: The Instagram Feed widget automatically adapts to different screen sizes and resolutions, ensuring a seamless user experience across various devices such as desktops, tablets, and mobile phones.
- Content Moderation and Filtering: Users can choose to display specific posts by applying hashtag, username, or location filters. This allows for greater control over the content being showcased on the website.
- Automatic Updates: The widget updates in real-time, ensuring that the latest Instagram posts are always displayed on the website without any manual intervention.
- Media Lightbox: The widget offers a built-in lightbox feature, enabling users to view high-resolution images and videos directly on the website without leaving the page.
- Dedicated customer success team: We can guide you through all the steps and fill in some of the requests quickly. So feel free to talk with us on the live chat.
- Built-in Analytics: The platform supports integration with Google Analytics but also provides built-in analytics that will show data such as views and clicks on the widgets
- Shoppable feeds and Product tagging: you can add interactive links on your feeds by adding links about the products also product info such as price and actual product image.
Congratulations on learning how to extend your Instagram activity’s reach beyond Instagram’s mobile app!
Using a user-generated content platform can be a valuable tool to attract potential customers with your Instagram content on your website.
We hope that these Instagram widgets will help you offer a unique experience for your website visitors.
Feel free to contact us for any additional help. We are always here for you!
EmbedFeed currently integrates with all the major social media platforms, and all the integrations are through an official API. These integrations allow you to do more than just the option to embed Facebook feeds. You can:
- Embed YouTube playlist feed
- Embed Facebook feed
- Embed Twitter hashtag feed
- Embed Instagram feed
- Embed Pinterest board
- Embed TikTok video feed
- Embed Instagram Reels widget
For any additional inquiries, you can always contact our support team with a click on the bottom right chat icon.
Frequently Asked Questions
As you’ve read, we showed you step-by-step tutorials on using free tools to add your Instagram feed on your website and websites built with other platforms, such as WordPress.
You can manually display Instagram feed on website or use a free version of our WordPress Instagram plugin to embed Instagram content automatically.
As a summary, here are some key takeaways:
To embed means to display something on a website. In a more technical definition, embed Instagram refers to ‘PASTE a code’ that will show an interface of Instagram posts, usually in an iframe as a widget, on a web page’s position where the code was placed. To that, embedding Instagram means displaying an Instagram feed on a website.
To embed a single Instagram post, open the post on a PC, click the top-right 3 dots icon, and click Embed. A pop-up will display the embed code.
To embed a code, usually, you will need to send the code to the website developer, or if you use WordPress, you can copy and paste the code into an HTML block in your WordPress page and embed Instagram gallery just like that.
Yes, you can add an Instagram feed plugin to your website. Various plugins, both free and premium, can help you showcase your Instagram feed on your site. Check the social media feeds WordPress plugin to embed paid or free widgets from the EmbedSocial platform.
Common places to showcase the feed include the homepage, sidebar, footer, or on a dedicated “Instagram Gallery” page. The choice depends on your website layout, your goals for featuring the Instagram content, and the level of prominence you want to give your feed.
The Instagram feeds created with EmbedFeed’s editor can be transformed into interactive widgets by adding custom CTA links or even tagging product information on the feed photos. To do this, open the feed in the editor, click on the Links tab, and choose to add one link to all photos or add a particular link or product tag to each image separately.