Have you ever thought to activate the Facebook Reviews tab on your Facebook business Page?! Well, this post will convince you to do so.
The benefit of having the option of accepting direct reviews from your customers is a new chapter in your surge for transparent communication with your customers.
Especially now as Facebook has changed reviews to recommendations and is expanding this functionality to the user’s feed, where if somebody asks for a recommendation and a friend mentions a certain brand page than this mention will appear as a recommendation in the Reviews tab in the brand’s Facebook page.
Just think about the possibilities that the satisfied customers can deliver for your business. There is an opportunity to start selling to new customers with the help of the existing ones. And, sure this is one of the most effective sales channels for your business. If you want to professionally manage and display your Facebook reviews on your websites, you can check out EmbedReviews, a full-featured solution for your Facebook reviews.
Below are the top 5 benefits that Facebook Reviews can bring to your business:
- Increase organic reach
- Boost credibility
- Promote positive and direct customer service;
- Get top position at Facebook professional services
- Gain immediate trust
To start receiving the listed benefits, you will need to understand the basics of the mechanics behind the Facebook Reviews.
First, you will need to activate the Facebook Reviews tab on your Facebook Page.
In this article:
- How to add the reviews tab to your Facebook page?
- How to post the first Facebook review
- How to report a Facebook review
- How to know that you’ve received a Facebook Review
- How to promote your Facebook reviews
- How to display Facebook reviews on your website
- Do More: How to combine reviews from several sources in one place
1. How to add Reviews Tab to your Facebook page
If you have not yet received the invitation for adding the Facebook Reviews tab, no worries, just navigate to your Facebook page and follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Facebook account and go to your business Facebook page
- Navigate to the ‘Settings’ section
- Click ‘Templates and Tabs’
- Find ‘Reviews’ in the list of tabs and activate it
That’s it! The Reviews tab will appear on your page.
It will show like the screenshot below on your business page:
Please note: If this option is not available for your page you might need to change your page category. Navigate to your page-> Click “About” -> Click Edit “Category” -> choose any category that describes you as a business.
Here is a quick video about this:
2. How to Post the first Facebook Review
In other words, educate your clients on how to post the first reviews or recommendations on your Facebook Page. This flow is now changed and it is not requiring to select a number of stars but just to select whether you recommend or you don’t recommend that business. The steps are the following:
- Go to: https://www.facebook.com/YourPageName/reviews or click the “Reviews” tab on the Facebook page
- Click ‘Yes’ in the Do you recommend (PageName)? box.
- A pop-up will appear with a text area where you can write your review
- Click ‘Post’
Note: The review should be more than 50 characters.
Once a user posts the review on your Facebook page, it will appear as a post on his Facebook timeline.
Also with the new update of the Reviews system to Recommendations, you can also recommend a business by commenting on a friend’s post asking for Recommendations or share a Page with friends.
3. How to report a Facebook Review
The platform does not allow the Facebook Page admins to delete a negative review or any other review for that matter. Still, the admin can report a review that does not comply with the Facebook Community Standards.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the negative review
- Click the top right comment 3 dots icon
- Select the Find Support or report Recommendations option
- From the pop-up, pick the topic of your report and click ‘Next’
- Until you wait for Facebook’s feedback on the report, you can select to ban the reviewer or hide all the posts from them
If you are on mobile, here are the steps:
- Navigate to the negative review
- Click the top right arrow or on mobile 3 dots icon
- Click ‘Give feedback on this recommendation’
- Choose the reason and click ‘Send’.
Or if you prefer, watch the video below with detailed instructions for how to report a Facebook Reviews on your Facebook Page:
4. How to know that you’ve received a Facebook Review
To make sure that you will never miss a review on your Facebook page, you should activate an option to receive a notification every time a new review is posted on your Facebook page.
To activate the notifications option, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the ‘Settings’ sections of your Facebook page
- Click the ‘Notifications’ tab
- Select the first option ‘Get a notification each time there is activity on your Page
- Then, the ‘New Reviews’ notifications option will be by default turned on.
Here is a quick video explaining this:
5. How to promote your Facebook reviews
So you’ve finally reached the fun part. This section suggests cool tactics that can help you reach customers that are willing to add a 5-star review on your Facebook page.
Important note: you can refer to a more detailed guide with 5 ways on how to get Facebook reviews or continue reading below for a few simple ideas on how to do this.
The actions that you can easily do without any ad spend can be online and offline too.
Here are some interesting offline tips:
- Add a sign to your counter, shopping window, tables, walls or any visual part of your offline premises. Get the official Facebook ‘Review US’ stickers here.
- Ask some of the regular customers if they can post a Facebook Review. Here is an example:
“Thanks for stopping by again [customer name]”.
“Do you use Facebook? The reason I ask is that we have a Facebook Reviews section that we use to collect our customer’s comments. Would you be interested in posting one?” (hopefully, he will 🙂 )
“That will be great, thanks a lot!” (you can add a special discount if you want for any review posted by the customer)
- Use Facebook Wi-Fi to ask visitors to check-in at your place and post a Facebook review. In order to use this tactic, it will require some technical expertise, so in order to begin, you will need to purchase a router that supports Facebook Wi-Fi and follow the configuration instructions.
- For your online promotional activities, you can embed a ‘Review us on Facebook button on your website or thank you pages. (Get free HTML & CSS buttons here)
- Use your Facebook Reviews to create Facebook ads for retargeting your initial leads. Here is an example:
- Create a Facebook contest – Ask Facebook fans to write a review and receive a coupon code or a discount.
- Ask your customers to post a review on your Facebook page and display their reviews on the page. Here is an example:
All the above details are summarized in our free Facebook Reviews eBook.
6. How to display Facebook reviews on a website
As we mentioned before, the best way to collect more reviews is to promote them on your website and add a CTA button.
We got you covered!
EmbedReviews is a powerful review management tool that can generate and embed Facebook recommendations on your website in just a few clicks.
Just follow the steps below to start collecting Facebook page reviews with EmbedReviews:
- Start a free trial for EmbedReviews
- Connect your Facebook profile with the platform
3. Choose the Facebook Page you want to pull reviews from
4. Customize and moderate the widget the way you want
5. Copy the provided HTML code and paste it on your website
It will show like this:
In case you are using a platform to build your website, here is good news: EmbedReviews plays well with all the most popular CMS and website builders, so click on your specific website builder to proceed:
- Facebook Reviews for WordPress
- Facebook Reviews for Squarespace
- Facebook Reviews for PageCloud
- Facebook Reviews for Weebly
- Facebook Reviews for Wix
- Facebook Reviews for Shopify
- Facebook Reviews for Webflow
7. Do More: How to combine reviews from several sources in one place
The good news is that you should not limit yourself to embedding Facebook reviews only.
EmbedReviews allows you to combine reviews from several different reviews sources like Facebook, Yelp, or Google reviews from your business listing into one stunning widget. Moreover, you can import reviews from 3rd parties or craft your own custom testimonials.
The process is pretty much the same as the one above. The difference is that you just select several sources for your review widget.
Congrats! If you have come this far, you are already a rising Facebook business reviews expert.
We really hope this Guide for Facebook business reviews gave you some specific directions on how to improve your online reputation management and level up your digital marketing strategy in a blink.
After all, getting more reviews on Facebook can take a little effort, but it’s an investment that pays off (you’ll see). 😉
Ready to embed your Facebook and Google Reviews now?
Try EmbedReviews and embed Google, Facebook or Yelp reviews, forms and badges.
7 days free trial · Easy setup · Cancel any time