Blending your social media presence with your official WordPress website has never been easier with tons of WordPress Instagram plugins. You don’t need coding skills, the installation is just a few clicks, and most of the Instagram plugins are easy to set up and, in some cases, even free.
Most of the use-cases of the Instagram plugins is the ability to embed an Instagram feed into a WordPress page or a blog post. By doing this, brands can automatically sync their Instagram content with their website, thus saving tons of time and resources.
Let’s get down to it: here are the best WordPress Instagram plugins.
- 1. EmbedFeed
- 2. EmbedStories – Plugin to display Instagram Stories
- 4. Spotlight
- 5. Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed
- 6. Social Feed Gallery
- 7. Social Slider Feed
- 8. Intagrate Lite
- 9. Essential Grid Gallery
- 11. WebSocial
- 12. Feed Them Social
- 13. Photonic Gallery
- 14. Enjoy Social Feed
- 15. Easy Social Feed
- 16. Grid KIT Portfolio – WordPress plugin for versatile social feed galleries
- 17. Slider by Soliloquy
- 18. Flow-flow
- 19. Visual Portfolio
- 20. AccessPress – Instagram Feed Pro
- 21. Shoppable Social Media Galleries by SNPT
- The benefits of WordPress Instagram plugins for your website
- How to embed your Instagram feed to your WordPress without a plugin
- Key takeaways
EmbedFeed is an Instagram aggregator and a complete social media aggregator for all major social media networks.
It is part of the larger EmbedSocial platform and is more than a simple WordPress plugin. It has advanced functionalities such as:
- Instagram feeds
- YouTube feeds
- Facebook feeds
- TikTok feeds
- Vimeo feeds
- Twitter feeds
- Pinterest feeds
- Shoopable Feeds
- Advance customization
- Custom CSS
- Custom Posts
WordPress users can use EmbedFeed with or without a plugin. The EmbedFeed WordPress plugin enables users to easily submit shortcodes that replace the bigger JavaSctipt code that might appeal as unfriendly to users without coding skills.
2. EmbedStories – Plugin to display Instagram Stories
As mentioned, EmbedSocial is a bigger platform, and it provides tons of social media capabilities.
EmbedStories is another powerful product that helps brands embed Instagram stories on their websites.
Here are some of the features:
- Embed Instagram stories
- Embed Instagram highlights like gallery
- Tag stories with external links
- Advance customization
Again, to help WordPress users, the platform offers an Instagram stories plugin for WordPress that provides a simple shortcode to embed your Instagram stories.
3. WPZOOM Social Feed Widget & Block
WPZOOM Social Feed Widget & Block – WordPress plugin for Instagram galleries
Average Rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars (32 reviews)
- Instagram-only plugin that’s easy to set up and highly-customizable
- allows you to create multiple feeds
- it has multiple layouts
- you can add your custom avatar and bio
- works with the new WordPress 5.8 block-based widget screen
- responsive and fast support
- the pro features are amazing but belong to the paid version
- very few reviews to rely on the plugin for sure
Spotlight is a WordPress plugin that helps create modern Instagram galleries on WordPress websites.
Average Rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars (124 reviews)
- Instagram-only plugin which is easy to use, 100% responsive, SEO-friendly, accessible
- fast and helpful support team
- you can connect multiple Instagram accounts
- you can use free pre-designed templates
- the free version comes with the grid layout with 20+ design customization options
- you can order your Instagram posts by date, popularity, or random
- only pro-version will provide you with more templates design, options to customize your feeds, unlock hashtag feeds, apply filtering and moderation, add a shoppable Instagram feed, and other features as well. The 3rd party integrations with Elementor and Google Analytics also belong in the premium version.
5. Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed
Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed is a WordPress plugin for social media galleries. This is one of the most popular WordPress Instagram Plugins.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars (3,806 reviews)
- specialized and top-rated WordPress plugin for Instagram only
- simple to set up and completely customizable
- GDPR Compliance automatically integrated
- display photos from multiple accounts
- responsive and mobile-friendly
- the free version doesn’t have a carousel
- the plugin slows down the site
- the pro version with all features is too expensive, and the basic version has its limitations
- the support team is slow
6. Social Feed Gallery
Social Feed Gallery – WordPress plugin for versatile social feed galleries
Average Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars (138 reviews)
- Instagram-only plugin
- simple and easy to set up
- customization options
- API use optimized
- available in seven languages (English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Russian, and Spanish)
- the most helpful features are paid ones
- the plugin itself is buggy
- very little support with issues
7. Social Slider Feed
Social Slider Feed is a WordPress plugin for creating sliders with your social media feeds.
Average Rating: 4.1 out of 5 stars (118 reviews)
- simple and efficient
- versatile ways to display images
- available for versatile platforms and not only Instagram
- available in four languages (English, Dutch, Swedish, Portuguese)
- updates messing up some versions of it
- the support team is not reachable
- you have to update to pro in order to have all features
8. Intagrate Lite
Intagrate Lite is a simple WordPress plugin for Instagram galleries.
Average Rating: 3.8 out of 5 stars (20 reviews)
- widget suitable for posting each photo from Instagram to your website directly (instead of creating an entire Instagram feeds)
- the post title on the website is customizable
- fully compatible with Instagram and Facebook API
- relatively new to the market with a very low number of reviews and installations
- pro version is pricy
- the basic version is very limited
- the reviews posted are very old – meaning people are not installing it very often
9. Essential Grid Gallery
Essential Grid Gallery is a premium plugin for WordPress that allows you to build galleries from various sources.
Average Rating: no data
- suitable for creating an image, video, and audio galleries from various sources such as NextGen Gallery, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Flickr, or a completely custom gallery grid
- this paid plugin comes with a templates library
- there is no free version, only paid one, which starts at $34 annually for 1 website only
- with the paid amount comes only 6 months of paid support
Social Gallery and Widget is a WordPress plugin for stunning galleries of Instagram images.
Average Rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars (3 reviews)
- completely free
- Instagram-only widget that’s easy to set up
- responsive and mobile friendly
- display up to 30 Instagram feeds in versatile ways (small or large-size photos)
- because there’s only a free version, the features feel basic and underdeveloped
- there are very few reviews
- the last update was 5 months ago, which means it might not be up-to-date with the latest WordPress versions
WebSocial is a WordPress plugin for Instagram galleries.
Average Rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars (347 reviews)
- it’s a completely free Instagram plugin for WordPress
- the company that developed this widget offers versatile paid solutions (pro)
- responsive and mobile-friendly with pre-made and customizable themes
- customizable feed views: blog style, thumbnails, masonry, compact album
- very little information on their official page
- lacks updates so that the plugin works with the latest WordPress versions
- their pro WordPress bundles start at $85
- the support is unreliable
12. Feed Them Social
Average Rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars (559 reviews)
- suitable for usage with versatile platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and not only Instagram
- no limitations on the number of feeds
- there are two feed options: Instagram user feed and hashtag feed
- responsive and easy to set up
- customizable font colors
- Like and/or Follow buttons above or below any feed
- the free version has enough features
- the support on the basic free plugin responds within 48 hours, which can be a long time if you’re facing an issue
- their all-access bundle starts at $199
- some reviews mention some loading issues with their feeds.
13. Photonic Gallery
Photonic Gallery is a simple WordPress plugin to display your own Instagram photos on WordPress.
Average Rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars (167 reviews)
- besides Instagram galleries, this plugin supports Flickr photos, Album (Photosets), Galleries, and Collections, Google Photos, SmugMug folders, and Zenfolion photos
- completely free plugin
- the plugin supports not only images but videos too
- versatile layouts to display your galleries in multiple forms
- comprehensive documentation to help you understand how the plugin works
- the set-up and descriptions feel complicated and l,ike you need coding knowledge
14. Enjoy Social Feed
Enjoy Social Feed WordPress plugin for Instagram galleries.
Average Rating: 4.2 out of 5 stars (101 reviews)
- Instagram-only plugin suitable for personal or business use, the basic features will allow you to display your profile-based feed plus create hashtag feeds
- this plugin has a carousel and grid feed with its free version
- the number of columns and rows is customizable
- fade in effect for Instagram grid view
- responsive and mobile-friendly
- the basic version lacks some features but there’s a premium version with more than the above-mentioned features
15. Easy Social Feed
Easy Social Feed is a WordPress plugin to display Instagram photos, galleries, and videos on WordPress
Average Rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars (461 reviews)
- suitable for both Instagram and Facebook – easy to set up, fully customizable, and responsive
- in the free Instagram widget version, you will have the ability to change the number of columns, colors, and borders; create multiple skins; add a load more button to display unlimited photos; have a follow button, and display a header at the top of the feed
- multiple feeds, advanced popUp, carousel gallery, videos gallery, displaying hearts and comments, fully customizable layouts, image filters, animate filters, and priority support are all part of the pro version
- the free version is very limited
- the Instagram Feed pro for one site starts at $32 annually, and together with the Facebook Feed pro, they are $57,27 annually
- some people are reporting the support is missing even on the paid version
Grid KIT is a WordPress plugin to help you create any web gallery, including grid galleries with your Instagram posts.
Average Rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars (291 reviews)
- a plugin designed to help you with building simple portfolio galleries, video or photo galleries, product catalogs, image sliders, Instagram feed, clients’ or team members’ gallery
- responsive, mobile-friendly, pop-up add-on, layout builder included in the free version, and shortcode add-on
- excellent support team
- it’s not an Instagram-only WordPress Plugin meaning it might not have all the features needed – more suitable for portfolio display needs
- the free versions should include the “layout builder,” but users are reporting it’s not working properly and that they should upgrade to the pro version
- the free version is very limiting
17. Slider by Soliloquy
Slider by Soliloquy is a responsive Image Slider plugin for WordPress.
Average Rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars (987 reviews)
- drag and drop slider plugin for WordPress that’s easy to use yet powerful in its features
- with this plugin, you can create a responsive image and video sliders for your WordPress site
- mobile-friendly, SEO-friendly, and optimized for speed
- a variety of pre-made templates + CSS customizable themes
- carousel gallery for images and videos
- dynamic slides
- slides with thumbnails
- Instagram slides
- PDF slides
- video slides
- custom HTML slides
- transition effects
- the support team is slow
- suitable for photographers, developers, designers, bloggers, and small businesses, yet according to the features, it’s most suitable when you want to create slideshows only, meaning it might not be suitable for showcasing your Instagram feeds on your website
Flow-Flow is a WordPress plugin that helps mix social media posts from many sources into one feed.
Average Rating: 3.8 out of 5 stars.
- suitable for Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and more
- premium support with a response time usually within 1 business day
- works with Shorcode (no plugin required)
- comes with a powerful skin builder to help you create unique skins with an intuitive drag and drop interface
- multi-rows support, touch carousel, and slider
- versatile layout possibilities (grid, masonry, and justified)
- Woocommerce support
- there’s only a paid version and no access to reviews that can tell you more about the customer’s experience
19. Visual Portfolio
Visual Portfolio is a WordPress plugin for versatile social feed galleries
Average Rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars (199 reviews)
- available for Instagram, Youtube, Vimeo, Unsplash, Twitter, Flickr, Google Photos, Dripple, Twitch, RSS, VK
- visual gallery builder that will help you build gallery blocks without coding knowledge
- convenient, powerful, yet simple to install
- various layouts available such as Masonry, Justified, Tiles Gallery, Grid Gallery, and Slider Gallery
- optimized to be fast and lightweight
- additional visual effects such as classic style, fade effect, emerge effect, fly effect, and caption move effect
- easy to customize
- portfolio post type
- powerful lightbox
- mobile optimized, GPU accelerated, Smart loading
- video and audio support
- SEO friendly and multilingual
- the paid version starts at $34 annually
- the free version has very limited features and no support
20. AccessPress – Instagram Feed Pro
AccessPress Instagram Feed PRO is a WordPress plugin for creating cool mosaic feeds.
Average Rating: 3.1 out of 5 stars.
- Instagram-only plugin
- versatile templates available
- 2 grid layouts (Grid and Slider) + 2 Carousel Layouts
- timeline layouts
- 5 filter designs
- show Instagram feeds with any user timeline or any hashtag
- versatile customization options
- image sorting option
- 6 different lightbox to choose from
- Instagram follow widget in the sidebar
- their support and discussion page look like they respond quite fast
- there’s only paid version, but it’s quite affordable
- the reviews uncover a lot of issues and unsatisfied customers
Average Rating: 3.9 out of 5 stars (37 reviews)
- a plugin to help you embed shoppable social media galleries on your website to increase your conversion rates
- a free plugin that’s easy to set up
- with its help, you could embed shoppable Instagram feed galleries and carousels into your store
- reviews are mixed, and the plugin is relatively new
- there is no pro version meaning it might be unstable to use, the support team is unreliable, and some pro features might be missing
The benefits of WordPress Instagram plugins for your website
Mixing your social media presence with your website comes with quite a few benefits, so in case you have doubts, here are all the “whys” to help you make your decision:
- Boost conversion rates – one of the most important marketing goals of all time is boosting conversion rates, and by blending your Instagram profile presence, hashtag feeds from campaigns (user-generated content), and employee-generated content with your website content, you are looking to increase your brand credibility and indirectly encouraging people to buy more of your products/service.
- Wider social media reach and increased engagement– once you share your Instagram profile on your website encouraging- you can drive your traffic from your website to your Instagram profile meaning your followers number will increase and, therefore, your engagement rates.
- Increase brand awareness – once your site visitors and Instagram account followers increase – your brand will become visible to more people – meaning higher brand awareness.
How to embed your Instagram feed to your WordPress without a plugin
Finally, here are the steps on how to showcase your Instagram feed on your WordPress websites:
- Sign up for EmbedFeed trial account
- Connect your Instagram account
- Create a widget
- Copy the provided code
- Go to your WordPress page and paste the code in a HTML block (as show below)
Embedding your Instagram profile to your WordPress website with a plugin is simple, fast, and affordable, yet doing so comes with many benefits we’ve mentioned.
We hope the extensive list we’ve created with pros and cons about each plugin will help you make your decision much easier so you can start displaying your photos, campaigns, and employee-generated content as soon as possible. If you need more tools , browse a list of Instagram apps for cretoras.
Have you tried some of the plugins, and how did they work for you? We’d love to hear about your experience.
Thank you for reading through.