In this quick tutorial, we will show you how to embed Facebook, Instagram or Twitter feed on your Squarespace website.
This means that you can use EmbedFeed as a feed widget for Squarespace or any similar web builder that allows embedding code.
To craft a hashtag feed with the EmbedFeed plugin you can pull posts from the following social media platforms:
In this example, we are going to use the Instagram Hashtag Feed to show you to create a stunning Squarespace Instagram feed.
Note: You don’t need to connect your Instagram account to the Squarespace website to embed your feed. The EmbedFeed plugin does that instead of you.
How to add an Instagram hashtag feed in Squarespace (step by step)
Before you begin…
Make sure you’ve already created your Hashtag feed in your EmbedFeed account.
Feel free to explore all the customization options available with EmbedFeed:
- Try dozens of different layouts (Carousel, Grid, Slideshow and many more)
- Show posts in Lightbox when clicked
- Link posts to a social media account (posts will open in a new window that will take website visitors to your Instagram profile)
- Filter Instagram images by keyword
- Option to automatically add new posts
- Use the custom CSS option to make sure the design fits your brand
Once you craft the feed just copy the provided code (as shown in the image below):
You can watch the video tutorial or follow the instructions outlined in the text below:
First, log in to your Squarespace page account.
From the Home Page, navigate to My sites and click on the website where you want to display the feed.
Next, follow these steps on how to create the Hashtag feed page:
- Once the config screen opens, on the left side menu click Pages and open the page you want to edit
- At the top right in the dark header of the block section, just click the Insert point (+) button
- In the popover click the content block ‘Embed’
- A popup will appear where you will need to click the code icon
- And in the blank code space just paste the code that
EmbedSocialprovides, and click on ‘Set’
- The last step is to click on ‘Save’ on the top left corner.
In less than a minute, you can see your Instagram posts that are tagged with a specified hashtag displayed on your Squarespace page.
In case you decide to change the look of your hashtag feed, later on, you don’t need to repeat the whole procedure.
Instead, you should just open the hashtag feed dashboard in EmbedFeed and do the changes there.
The code we provide you is dynamic. It makes auto-sync to every change you make within the EmbedFeed platform so it will change by itself on your Squarespace site too.
It works perfectly for Squarespace, WordPress, PageCloud, and every web builder that allows embedding a code.
So, no matter if you are creating a landing page for your latest product or website for your small business, embedding a social media feed on your website is a great way to add some visual interest to the page and engage visitors, especially if most of the page is made up of text.
Please feel free to reach out to us about anything at any time.