TikTok is limiting when it comes to adding external links to your website or other social media profiles.
If you’re looking to drive more clicks from your TikTok profile, you’ll need to add a link to your bio, and the best way to do this is with Feedlink.
Feedlink is a social site builder that aggregates all your TikTok videos in one place and lets you tag them with external links.
In this article, we will show you how to get a unique link from Feedlink and how to add it to your TikTok bio.
What is a TikTok link in bio?
A TikTok link in bio refers to the single clickable URL that users are allowed to add to their profile bio.
Because TikTok and many other social platforms do not allow users to insert clickable links into individual video captions, creators and brands often use the phrase “link in bio” in their video captions or verbally during their videos to direct viewers to their creator’s profile page where they can see one clickable link on the URL in the bio.
Why Do You Need a TikTok Link in Bio?
Here’s why a “Link in Bio” is beneficial on TikTok:
Single Link Limitation
The TikTok app only allows users to have one external link in their bio. So, if you want to direct followers to an external website, landing page, or another social platform, you’re limited to just that one spot.
With a captivating video, viewers may be curious to learn more about you or your brand. The bio link provides a clear direction to where they can access additional information.
Content creators can direct their followers to online stores, merchandise shops, affiliate products, or other revenue-generating platforms.
Promote Other Platforms
If you’re active on other social media accounts or have a main platform you want to share (like YouTube, Instagram, or a personal website), this link can serve as a bridge to those.
Learn more: How to embed TikTok feed on a website
How to put a link in your TikTok bio
Before you follow the steps to add a website link to your TikTok profile page, there are 2 requirements:
- The website option is only available to business accounts
- You will need to have 1000 + TikTok followers
Step #1: Switch from personal account to business account:
On the TikTok mobile app:
- Click on the “Me” button in the bottom right corner.
- Tap “Edit profile” in the upper right corner.
- Scroll down and click on “Switch to pro account”
- Select “Business” when asked what kind of pro account you would like to create.
Enter your business email address and click on “Submit”.
If you already have a TikTok business account, you can simply log in with those credentials.
Note: You will need to have a valid business email address to switch to a business account.
Step #2: Add website link in TikTok Bios
Once you have switched to a business TikTok account, you will be able to add a website link to your TikTok profile. Here’s how:
- Click on the “Me” button in the bottom right corner.
- Click on the “Edit profile” button in the top right corner.
- Scroll down and click on the “+ Add website” button.
- Enter the URL of your website and click on the “Save” button.
And that’s it! You have successfully added a website link to your TikTok bio.
Here is an example of how the link in your TikTok bio will show up:
As we mentioned in the beginning, the website link that most of the UGC creators use is a URL that they generate from their Link in Bio builders. In the following text, we will show you how to use Feedlink as your most powerful link in bio app.
Here’s how to use Feedlink as your TikTok Link in Bio:
How to create a Link in Bio Landing Page With Feedlink
First, let’s get a unique link for all your important links.
You have 2 options in Feedlink, FREE and PRO.
The difference is that the PRO version allows you to get a .link domain name and in the free version your link will be feedlink.io/yourname.
Here is an example: https://feedlink.io/embedsocial.
Step 1: How to add clickable link to tiktok bio with Feedlink
If you choose to use the free version, you can sign up here, and create your own link in the bio site in just a few seconds.
Once you have your feedlink.io/yourname URL you can see the steps above, on how to add it to your TikTok profile.
Before your start with Feedlink, create your free personal account and follow these steps:
1. Choose to connect your TikTok account and provide the required permissions.
2. Enter your TikTok username in the “Feedlink URL” field and click ‘Next‘
3. Your TikTok Feed will display in the Editor, where you have the option to copy your unique Feedlink URL in the top left corner
4. Paste it in your TikTok bio (make sure to include https://) – as described in the steps above.
That’s it, now you can see a custom link in your
Step #2: Customize your Feedlink site
Feedlink provides a full Templates library that can help you create a page that will look modern and unique.
You can also use the various options in the Editor to make sure your Feedlink site fits your branding.
Here is what you can customize:
- Choose the style of the profile section, default, banner, or classic
- Change the header separator
- Change the color theme
- Customize the main CTA button in the profile
- Various link styles such as links with description, image overlay links and similar.
Please note: We are constantly updating the customization options so fee free to check from time to time for new updates.
See the full steps to customize link in bio page.
Step #3: Add your external multiple links
Once you’re happy with the way your Feedlink site looks, it’s time to add your external links.
You can do this by following these steps:
1. In the Editor click ‘Add block’ block and choose Links
2. Paste the link in the input area as shown below:
3. In the left-hand Settings panel, choose the style of the link. Click ‘Save‘.
You can add as many clickable links as you need.
Step #4: Add links to the TikTok videos
When you finish adding custom links, it’s time to add them to your TikTok videos. To do this:
1. In the editor click ‘Add link’ on a selected TikTok video
2. In the video popup, paste a link in the Link URL field to the TikTok video and click ‘Save changes’.
Now your TikTok videos have links that can drive more traffic to your personal website or social media profiles.
Step #5: Add Social media icons
Adding all your social media accounts on our Link in Bio tool is super easy.
- In the editor click ‘Add social media icons’
- In the Settings panel choose the social media platforms
- Paste a link to each of the selected social media profiles
- Click ‘Save’
You can add as many personal accounts as you need.
Bonus: Get a unique domain in your TikTok bio powered by Feedlink
Did you know that most of the links in bio tools are OWNING your link?
It is actually a third-party tool domain that has full control of your content.
But with Feedlink PRO, you will get a UNIQUE. LINK DOMAIN that is all yours. Feedlink has a built in domain registration capability that will allow you to create a link in bio site with a custom .link domain in just few clicks.
You can use this domain to add and show your Instagram or TikTok videos, and also use it as a branded website or portfolio.
No more toolname.ee/yourname links. Only yourname.link that is actually yours.
Before you start, you will need to upgrade to Feedlink PRO and claim your own .link domain.
In the PRO version, a Domains menu will be available where you can set up and link your new .link domain with a Feedlink page.
Here are the steps:
- Go to Domains and click ‘Buy domain’
- Type your name or username or any name you want in the input filed
- If it’s available go ahead and proceed to ‘Buy’ the domain
- In the next step, you can choose the Feedlink page you want to connect with (if you already have a few Feedlinks)
That’s it. In just 3-4 clicks you will get a social site with your OWN .link domain.
We hope this was helpful. If you have any questions feel free to contact us.
Check out: Instagram link in bio examples
The TikTok “link in bio” feature has undeniably reshaped how creators and brands interact with their audience on the platform.
As TikTok’s influence grows, this link becomes a vital tool for driving engagement and connecting deeper with audiences.
With Feedlink, your TikTok bio link can transition from a mere mention to a powerful driver of traffic and conversions.
Don’t just follow the trend; maximize it.
Yes, by following the next steps you can add a link to a TikTok video :
– Go to the video overlay.
– Insert your link into the ‘Link URL’ box for the TikTok video.
– Hit ‘Update.’
Now, your TikTok clips contain links.
You might not be able to add a link to your TikTok business account bio if you haven’t reached the required number of followers or if your account isn’t verified. TikTok often reserves certain features, like adding links, for more established or verified accounts to ensure authenticity and limit spammy behavior.